Start Your Chaplaincy Business
Would you like to make an even bigger difference in the lives of individuals and organizations?
So many businesses need the help that chaplains like you offer—and you can help by starting a for-profit corporate chaplaincy organization in your area. And with minimal competition in this emerging industry, chaplaincy as a for-profit business has tremendous growth potential in the marketplace. Now is a great time to start!
The Start Your Chaplaincy Business Kit is designed to help you make the shift from serving as an individual chaplain to owning a chaplaincy organization, whether you’ve been a chaplain for years or have only recently been inspired by our Consider Corporate Chaplaincy Kit.
The combination of resources in the Start Your Chaplaincy Business Kit—spanning a 75-page ebook, sample legal and business documents, multimedia marketing materials, and a personal consultation—will give you the expert guidance you need to establish a sustainable chaplaincy business.
Here’s what is included in the Start Your Chaplaincy Business Kit:
Start Your Chaplaincy Business ebook
Why reinvent the wheel? In this ebook, you receive seven chapters of practical insight into what it takes to build a unique, sustainable chaplaincy business. You’ll learn time-tested best practices that will equip you to grow your chaplaincy organization and serve the needs of your community.
Here’s a peek inside each chapter:
15 FAQs about Running a Chaplaincy Business: Find answers to the primary questions about starting, owning, and managing an organization that offers corporate chaplaincy services. Questions include:
- How do you approach potential client organizations?
- How do you decide what to pay your chaplains?
- What are the benefits of a for-profit versus a non-profit business model for chaplaincy?
- How does ministry happen within the context of a for-profit business model?
50 Lessons Learned in 5 Years: Glean from five years’ worth of lessons learned through research and trial and error. Each lesson is accompanied by a Bible verse and an explanation to help you learn from the experiences and mistakes of those who’ve walked the for-profit chaplaincy road before you.
The Rise of Capital Chaplains, LLC: Follow the growth of Capital Chaplains from a mere idea in 2004 to a part-time operation to a sustainable full-time venture in 2009.
Personal Journey to Chaplaincy Organization Owner: Get inside the mind and heart of a corporate chaplain who followed his calling to own and manage his own corporate chaplaincy organization.
A Week in the Life of a Corporate Chaplaincy Business Owner: Get a detailed look at what a corporate chaplaincy business owner does to prepare and serve on a weekly basis. You’ll get a picture of how to start your own organization on a part-time basis, as well as how to manage your schedule once you’re operating full time.
Faith at Work: Learn how to navigate religious expression in the workplace in this summary of key points from the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the American Center for Law and Justice, and other key constituents.
Closing the Deal: How to Build Your Client Base: Understanding how to serve as a chaplain and understanding how to best promote and thrive as a business owner are two very different sides of what it takes to own and manage a corporate chaplaincy organization. Consider this chapter “Business 101” designed specifically for owners of corporate chaplaincy organizations.
Independent Contractors vs. Employees: Learn how the roles of independent contractors differ from those of employees as it pertains to hiring additional chaplains for your organization.
Please note that this ebook is available only as a PDF download. It is not available in Kindle, ePub, or hard-copy format.
Legal and Business Sample Documents
We’ve prepared seven documents to get your business up and running, so there’s no need to start from scratch. You’re encouraged to adapt each document to meet your needs when contracting with client companies, drafting reports, and hiring chaplains. While these documents are not substitute for legal counsel, they will give you a foundation.
- Client Company Letter of Agreement for outlining services to be contracted between your chaplaincy organization and a client company.
- Client Company Proposal for proposing services between a client company and chaplaincy provider.
- Client Company Contract for a more detailed contract of services between a client company and chaplaincy provider.
- Client Company Reporting Spreadsheet for confidentially documenting what you do and where you serve on a daily and monthly basis.
- Chaplain Qualifications to present to prospective Associate Chaplains and Senior/Team Leader Chaplains who wish to work with your chaplaincy organization.
- Independent Contractor Application for prospective chaplains who wish to work with your chaplaincy organization.
- Independent Contractor Contract for contracting with chaplains who will serve through your organization as independent contractors.
Multimedia Marketing Tools
These marketing materials are your shortcut to promoting your new business and signing client companies. You can put our ideas to work and make them your own by simply editing these templates.
- Life Is Hard postcard for mailing to or sharing with prospective client companies (Microsoft Word, prints 4 postcards on 8.5” x 11”).
- Corporate Chaplaincy Overview for briefly presenting the value of workplace chaplaincy to prospective client companies (Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Corporate Chaplaincy Brochure for reinforcing awareness of your corporate chaplaincy business offline (Microsoft Word, trifold 8.5” x 11”).
- Corporate Chaplaincy: Giving the Gift of Hope for presenting a deeper look at the value of chaplains attending to employees’ minds, bodies, and spirits (Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Corporate Chaplaincy: The Missing Link in Business for presenting the impact that chaplains can have on a prospective client company’s bottom line (provided as both a printable article in Microsoft Word and as a presentation in Microsoft PowerPoint).
- The Case for Corporate Chaplaincy for presenting prospective client companies with key questions about caring for their employees, facts about marketplace trends that affect all organizations, major news coverage of corporate chaplaincy, and how your Chaplain Assistance Program is the best investment they can make in their people (Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Employee FAQ Handout for each of your client companies to share with their employees about the nature of the Chaplain Assistance Program in place at their company (Microsoft Word).
- Fee Chart for offering prospective client companies four Chaplain Assistance Program options based on the number of employee visits, type of clients, mode of service, relationship ranking, and fee range (Microsoft Word).
60-Minute Phone Consultation
The hour is yours to spend asking Steve Cook, owner of Corporate Chaplaincy Consulting, any questions you feel will help you get your chaplaincy business up and running.
As a pioneer in corporate chaplaincy, Steve’s 10+ years of experience—in which he took his own Capital Chaplains, LLC, from part-time endeavor to full-time, income-generating business—are at your disposal.
We highly recommend scheduling your phone consultation after you have had the opportunity to look over the documents included in the Start Your Chaplaincy Business Kit (see document descriptions above). And, we recommend compiling a list of discussion topics and questions to insure your call addresses as many of your needs as possible in the allotted time.
We will be in touch via email within 1-2 business days after your purchase to arrange your 60-minute phone consultation.
Want more personal attention than an hour can provide? You can Bring Steve to You!
A rewarding business opportunity awaits you!
Start helping organizations in your area experience the gifts that corporate chaplains bring to individual employees and to businesses as a whole.
Just click on the “BUY NOW” button below to access the tools and strategies you need for success in this industry!